- Grant Agreement no: 266051
- Funding Scheme: FP7 CSA-SA – Support actions
- Starting date: June 1st, 2010
- Duration: 28 months
- Budget: € 823 393,00
Developing the European Transport Research Alliance
The concept of DETRA derives from the so-called Lyon Declaration. In 2008, the Lyon Declaration signatories i.e ECTRI, FERSI, FEHRL, EURNEX, HUMANIST, ISN and NEARCTIS committed themselves to work together on the deepening of the European Research Area objectives in transport in order to address the Grand Challenges. From this commitment grew the objective to create a European Transport Research Alliance (ETRA) that would strengthen the transport domain. Key priorities of this alliance were to examine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) in the domain and develop a common understanding and approach to reducing fragmentation and overcoming barriers.
Addressing the Grand Challenges of the European Research Area objectives in transport, DETRA will produce five major outputs covering the main strategic issues to be addressed in shaping a coherent Transport ERA programme for 2020.
- Report “Transport research infrastructure roadmap” – September 2012
- DETRA Final Report – September 2012
- Deliverable 1.2 People and Ideas agenda – January 2012
- Deliverable 1.1 Mobility web portal for European Transport research – August 2011