TRA 2020 Webinar: Strategic Session 12 “Impacts of automation and digitalisation on workforce of the transport industries”
September 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This session is a part of the TRA 2020 webinar series, following the TRA 2020 physical conference cancellation.
Strategic Session 12 “Impacts of automation and digitalisation on workforce of the transport industries”
Monday 28 September 2020 / 14h00 – 15h30 (Brussels Time)
This session aims to discuss how socio-economic changes brought by the current COVID-19 pandemic and the increasing automation and/or digitalisation of the transport system, together with shifting concepts of mobility, will affect its future workforce (including job location, needs for new skills, education and training) and will require new competences. It will also aim to identify gaps in research and innovation, measures and best practices to mitigate negative impacts while enabling access to transport and mobility for all within a green, competitive, inclusive and innovative European economy.
European Commission (DG MOVE, DG RTD), ETRA, EUROCONTROL, FEHRL, ECTRI
- Evangelos Bekiaris, Director, Hellenic Institute of Transport of the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH-HIT)
- Bipasha Baruah, Canada’s Research Chair in Global Women’s Issues, University of Western
- Philippe Merlo, Director, European Civil-Military Aviation, EUROCONTROL
- Livia Spera, Secretary General of the European Transport Workers’ Federation
- Robert Missen, Head of Unit, Research and Innovation, DG MOVE
- Fabian Wylenzek, Head of Talent Acquisition Region North, Deutsche Bahn AG
- Thierry Goger, Secretary General, FEHRL