ECTRI celebrated its 15th Anniversary
December 12th, 2018 / 17:45 – 21:30 / Le Bouche à Oreille, Brussels, Belgium
On December 12th 2018, the European Conference of Transport Research Institutes (ECTRI) celebrated its 15th year of existence and achievements with a special event organized in Brussels, at Le Bouche à Oreille.
On this occasion, distinguished personalities were brought together to discuss challenges and opportunities for the future of European research and innovation in the transport domain in the perspective of the new Framework Programme – Horizon Europe. The panel discussion was preceded by brief scientific speeches from prominent ECTRI researchers on topics moving forward our vision to achieve a sustainable and multimodal transport system.
The event was moderated by Ms Jacki Davis, Journalist. It was attended by a select audience of personalities, representatives from all sectors of European transport as well as ECTRI Members and associated or cooperating Organisations, and was followed by a reception at the same venue.
- 17:45 – 18:30 Registration and welcome drink
- 18:30 – 18:35 Opening by Professor Mark Robinson, President of ECTRI
- 18:35 – 19:00 Inspiring scientific pitches: research excellence to move toward sustainable and multimodal mobility
- Design for acceptance: chances of digitalization and automation for user-friendly public transportation, PD Dr. Meike Jipp, DLR, Germany
- Multiscale and multimodal traffic modelling approaches for sustainable management of urban mobility (ERC consolidator), Prof. Ludovic Leclerc, IFSTTAR, France
- Increasing research excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems across Europe – experience from the ERA Chair ERAdiate project at the University of Zilina, Prof. Tatiana Kováčiková, UNIZA, Slovakia
- 19:00 – 19:50 Challenges and opportunities for future European R&I in the mobility sector – High level panel discussion with the participation, by alphabetic order, of:
- Young Tae Kim, Secretary General, International Transport Forum, OECD
- Prof. Tatiana Kováčiková, ERA Chair Holder, ERAdiate project on Intelligent Transport Systems, National delegate for H2020 PC on Smart, Green and Integrated Transport, UNIZA, Slovakia
- Gunnar Lindberg, Director, Transport Economics Institute TØI, Norway
- Signe Ratso, Deputy Director-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission DG RTD
- 19:50 Closing remarks by Professor Mark Robinson, President of ECTRI
- 20:00 – 21:30 Networking reception and walking dinner
Le Bouche à Oreilles
Rue Félix Hap, 11
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: + 32 2 742 29 21
More information on how to reach the venue.
Public transport: http://www.stib-mivb.be/index.htm?l=en
Taxi: + 32 2 349 49 49