The Transportation Research Board (TRB) 99th Annual Meeting was held on January 12–16, 2020, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, in Washington, D.C. The theme for the 2020 TRB Annual Meeting was A Century of Progress: Foundation for the Future.
ECTRI as TRB partner supported the following events:
- The 2050 Transportation Workforce Transformation Challenges: International prospects and Strategies (Workshop 1001): Sunday 12th (Flyer programme) Evangelos Bekiaris (CERTH-HIT/ ECTRI President) was a speaker.
- Leading the way in Transport Decarbonization (Event 1506): Tuesday 14th, Erik Figenbaum, (TØI) will a speaker.
- Multilevel approaches of Innovation in Cities, Part I (Event 1738) and Part II (Event 1763): Wednesday 15th ;The event was organised by ECTRI Member IFSTTAR/Gustave Eiffel University
- What’s Next for Brexit?: Exploring the impacts on International Passenger and Freight Transportation (Event 1091) : Monday 13th
- Mobility as a Service and Mobility on Demand contributions to Sustainability and Decarbonization (Event 1575) , Tuesday 14th
Under the TRB Standing Committee on International Cooperation (A0010) and Subcommittees, ECTRI presented its activities and contributed to the discussions of the following meetings:
- TRB Standing Committee on International Cooperation (A0010) annual meeting, Monday, January 13th
- A0010 (1) Engage non-US colleagues and Partners in TRB, Wednesday 15th, ECTRI President Evangelos Bekiaris co-chaired the meeting.
- A0010 (2) Leverage Bilateral International Cooperative benefits, Wednesday 15th
- A0010 (4) Facilitate Cooperative International Agreements, Monday 13th, ECTRI-TRB MoU activities in 2019 & for 2020 were presented.