The TRB Annual Meeting took place from January 8 to 12, 2023, in Washington DC.
Within the framework of the ECTRI-TRB MoU, ECTRI was actively engaged and supported several programme activities, in particular via the TRB International Coordinating Council (ICC).
SUNDAY, JANUARY 8th, 2023
- Decarbonizing Transport Now and Everywhere: A Global Research Perspective, Part 1 (Workshop 1001) ECTRI speaker: Jonas Jansson, Head of Research Department traffic and road-users, VTI, Sweden
- TRB All-Chair Meeting C. Alméras attended as co-chair of the TRB International Coordinating Council
- Micromobility, Bicycles, and the Future of Cities (Workshop 1002). Panelists: Michel Behr (Université Gustave Eiffel) and Evangelos Bekiaris (CERTH-HIT)
- Extreme Event Impacts: Flooded Roadways (Workshop 1021). Speaker: Dirk Jansen (BASt)
- TRB Executive Subcommittee on International Activities (E0004) meeting C. Alméras (ECTRI) attended as member of the Subcommitee and co-chair of the ICC
- Resilience, Robustness, Safety, and Security of Bridges and Other Transportation Structures: National and International Perspectives and Collaborations (Workshop 1061) Speaker: Dr. Ingo Kaundinya (BASt)
MONDAY, JANUARY 9th, 2023
- International Coordinating Council (A0020C) Annual Meeting. The meeting was co-chaired by C. Alméras (ECTRI) and E. Bekiaris (ECTRI President) presented its announcements as one of TRB International partners.
- Transitioning to Innovative & Sustainable City Logistics: Best Practices & Tools for Guiding Transition (Lectern Session 2030) Presenters: Georgia Ayfantopoulou, Hellenic Institute of Transport & Sara Tori, Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Analysis of International Road Safety Data (Lectern Session 2168) Speakers: Christos Katrakazas (NTUA); Cécile Coquelet and Michel Behr (Université Gustave Eiffel)
- ECTRI-TRB Meeting ECTRI official representatives, Evangelos Bekiaris, Ingrid Skogsmo & Caroline Alméras met with Victoria Sheehan, new Executive Director and Bill Anderson, TRB International Liaison to introduce and discuss the cooperation between both organisations.
TUESDAY JANUARY 10th, 2023
- ICC Reception co-sponsored by ECTRI
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 11th, 2023
- Chair’s Plenary Session
THURSDAY JANUARY 12th, 2023
- The Future of Transportation and the Role of International Research Collaboration (Workshop 5001) Presiding officer, Presenter and Panelist: Caroline Alméras (ECTRI)
Photo credits: TRB, Caroline Alméras and Christos Xenophontos