The 2022 Summit took place from 18 to 20 May 2022 in Leipzig, Germany, under the theme “Transport for Inclusive Societies”.
More than 80 sessions and side events explored various aspects of the theme of inclusion: from connectivity for rural communities to the digital divide, from workforce diversity in the transport sector to inclusive planning and design.
The outputs, presentations, photos and recording are available online, on the 2022 ITF Annual Summit page.
As part of the cooperation with ITF, ECTRI contributed to the Summit preparation by participating in the Annual consultation with international organisations on January 20, 2022. ECTRI represented by four of its Thematic Groups leaders and the Secretary-General was glad to contribute to the five breakout discussions, bringing forward the research perspective on how innovation can foster more equitable transport and, thereby, promote more inclusive societies, and what governance framework is needed to enable this.
- Breakout group 1: Moving to “Net-Zero” while fostering inclusion – Alexandra Millonig, Mobility Thematic Group leader
- Breakout group 2: Resolving the global supply chain crisis, creating more resilient and inclusive networks – Verena Ehrler, Freight and Logictics Thematic Group leader
- Breakout group 3: Urban mobility in the times of Covid-19: opportunities for greater inclusion – Elisabete Arsenio, Economics and Policy Thematic Group leader
- Breakout group 4: Pursuing a more inclusive and resilient transport workforce – Caroline Alméras, Secretary General
- Breakout group 5: Road safety and inclusion: progress towards 2030 targets – Lila Gaitanidou, Safety Thematic Group leader