The scope of the Traffic Management Thematic Group is: Traffic modeling, Traffic control, Communication and positioning technologies, Cooperative systems.
The TG is the result of the integration of NEARCTIS NoE into the ECTRI Network.
- Developing a common Research Agenda in Cooperative Traffic Control and Management that can be used to inspire and feed into H2020 in order to put TM more firmly on next calls.
- Compiling a set of leading case studies in Europe that can be used to test new Cooperative Traffic Management
- Generating a Common Database of shareable Resources (software, data, case studies etc.)
- Drawing up the education and training options and requirements in Cooperative Traffic Management
- Delivering effective Training and Research Exchanges including: 3-day training schools and Mobility programme for young researchers
Participation in conferences
- NEARCTIS Workshop, November 13, 2009 “The young European Arena of Researchers 2010 – Year 2010″, Caroline Alméras, ECTRI Project Officer
January 22, 2019: Webinar on Scientific Exchange in Traffic Management
- ECTRI position paper on the TRANSPORT CHALLENGE IN 2020–2050 – Zero crashes, zero congestion, and zero emissions – Future Research in Traffic Management – December 2018
- ECTRI position paper on the TRANSPORT CHALLENGE IN 2020–2050 – Research Needs in the field of Traffic Management , April 2018
- ECTRI INPUT “Public Consultation on the evaluation of the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Directive, July 2017
- ECTRI suggestions for the third Work Programme (2018-2020), in the field of “TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT”, November 2016
- ECTRI answer to the EC Public Consultation on the European C-ITS Initiative – September 2016
- ECTRI Input on MMTIS – ITS Directive, November 2015