The 10th Young Researchers Seminar was held on September 15-17, 2021 in Portorož , Slovenia and hosted by the Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport of the University of Ljubljana.
The YRS 2021 in numbers:
- 38 great papers & presentations
- 19 dedicated tutors
- 6 devoted Steering Committee members
- 3 notable invited speakers
- 45 on-site and 26 remote participants, coming from 16 countries and 17 institutions, contributed to the YRS 2021 success
The Supporting Organisations thank the young researchers, tutors, Steering Committee members and Members networks that contributed to the success of the Seminar. A special thanks goes to the Organising Committee, Elen Twrdy, Marina Zanne, Patricija Bajec, for the excellent organization and execution of the seminar.
Three young researchers were rewarded for their outstanding papers and presentations:
- Talita de Freitas Alves (Université Gustave Eiffel, France) Thermomechanical behaviour of bituminous layers containing rigid inserts for eRoads: first numerical approach
- Leon Strassguetl (BASt, Germany) Effectiveness of Advanced Emergency Braking Systems in trucks: an analysis of rear-end collisions on motorways in Germany
- Doron Hekič (ZAG, Slovenia) A review of B-WIM as a SHM application on bridges
In cooperation with FEHRL and FERSI, ECTRI initiated the bi-annual Young Researchers Seminar (YRS). It offers the opportunity to a network of young transport researchers from Members of ECTRI, FEHRL and FERSI as well as from research organisations across the US to gather and interact during the three-day seminar, where young researchers are able to improve their presentation skills in written and oral scientific communication by tutorial means. The tutoring is done by senior researchers who themselves are acting in a truly international scientific culture.
TRANSPORT RESEARCH DOMAINS
The seminar focuses on following research domains:
- Transport economics, policy and transport behaviour
- Transport sustainability and environment
- Transport safety
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) & Traffic management
- Transport civil and road engineering
- Transport logistics and freight
Papers dealing with current transport challenges such as electrification, digitalisation & connectivity, autonomous & unmanned transport systems, new mobility services and transport system resilience will be given particular attention and focus for this Seminar.
YRS 2021 is meant for young researchers working at organisations belonging to ECTRI, FEHRL, FERSI and TRB. The young researchers are incited to participate by their own Institutes or Universities .They are preferably PhD students; Postdoctoral may also be accepted, within their 1-2 years after PhD. They are involved in one of the aforementioned research domains.
Attention will be put on ensuring a balanced representation among the institutes.
ORGANIZER OF THE SEMINAR 2021
The Seminar will be hosted by the the Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport of the University of Ljubljana.
YRS 2021 KEY DATES
June 15, 2020: Launch of call for abstracts and call for tutors
October 1, 2020: Deadline for submission of abstracts and nomination of tutors > Deadline extended until October 31, 2020
December, 2020: Notification on abstracts review results and tutors appointment
February 1, 2021 : Deadline for full draft paper submission > Deadline extended until February 26, 2021
May 15, 2021: Deadline for submission of final paper
September 10, 2021: (New) Deadline for submission of presentation