The 11th Young Researchers Seminar will be held from 15 to 17 May 2023 in Lisbon, Portugal, hosted and organised by the Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil – LNEC (National Laboratory for Civil Engineering).
Due to the conflict with a Bank Holiday in several European countries in the originally selected dates, the Organizing Committee has decided to slightly advance the date of the Seminar to May 15-17 (instead of May 17-19) to facilitate attendance.
This edition offers the opportunity to a network of young transport researchers from Members of ECTRI, FEHRL, FERSI, EURNEX, HUMANIST as well as from research organisations across the US  to gather and interact during the three-day seminar, where young researchers are able to improve their presentation skills in written and oral scientific communication by tutorial means. The tutoring is done by senior researchers who themselves are acting in a truly international scientific culture.
 Since 2007, thanks to the Memorandum of Understanding between ECTRI and TRB, the participation to the Seminar is open to young researchers and tutors from the US Universities. In this frame TRB is a co-sponsor of the 2023 Seminar.
TRANSPORT RESEARCH DOMAINS
The seminar focuses on following research domains:
- Transport economics, policy, and transport behaviour
- Transport sustainability and environment
- Transport safety
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) & Traffic management
- Transport logistics and freight
- Transport engineering (including road and railway infrastructures)
YRS 2023 is meant for young researchers working at organisations belonging to ECTRI, FEHRL, FERSI, EURNEX, HUMANIST and US Universities (via TRB). The young researchers are incited to participate by their own organisations (Institutes or Universities). They are preferably PhD students; Postdoctoral may also be accepted, within their 1-2 years after PhD. They are involved in one of the aforementioned research domains.
YRS 2023 KEY DATES
- February 2022: Announcement of the host, dates and venue
- June 22, 2022: Launch of call for abstracts and call for tutors
- September 30, 2022: Deadline for submission of abstracts and nomination of tutors > Deadline extended until October 17, 2022
- November 30, 2022: Notification on abstracts review results and tutors’ appointment
- February 1, 2023: Deadline for full draft paper submission
- February – May 2023: Exchange between tutors and young researchers
- May 3, 2023: Deadline for submission of final paper
- May 10, 2023: Deadline for submission of presentation
- May 15-17, 2023: Holding of the Young Researchers Seminar